[HLUG] New Member

Broomster broomster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 00:25:17 BST 2008

Hi Gang!

I'm a Linux Newbie (having installed Ubuntu alongside Windows Vista
around 2 weeks ago..)

I've had PC's and a net connection for as long as I remember -
certainly back to the early 90's, so I'm not a total newbie to
technology or the net..

My aim is to get enough confidence in Ubuntu to ditch Windows
altogether.. To be honest tho - I've not really used Windows much at
all since I've got Ubuntu on here - and I certainly don't miss it!

I'm slowly working out what I can (and can't!) do with Ubuntu - and
enjoying the learning curve in the process :-) Things don't seem to be
as simple as with windows - however there's a certain satisfaction in
getting things done, and knowing why they're done that way.. I never
got that feeling with Windows!

I'm enjoying using Ubuntu on my home pc - just got to convince my
partner and my son to change to Ubuntu on their pc's now!!

Time for bed now,
Regards,
Mike Broom.
--