[HLUG] New Member

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sat Apr 12 14:36:52 BST 2008

Hi Julian and all,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:27:12AM +0100, Julian Robbins wrote:
> We've had lots of people sign up to our group over the last week, about
> 4 in a week, much higher than usual. You don't know of any reason
> particularly why people are joining our group recently?

I'm one of the people who joined recently, and I'm also the one who
mentioned it to Alan Pope.

Like Alan I'm one of the admins of lug.org.uk and I also like to
subscribe to lots of LUG lists just to see what is going on in the
UK Linux community.

I actually live in West London so you're not incredibly likely to
see me at any meetings, though who knows. :)

In my "day job" I work for an e-commerce service provider (we host
the internet businesses of many high street shops and other
recognisable brands) as a sysadmin, with almost all our servers
running Linux.  I also have my own side business that does Xen-based
virtual machine hosting, and that is entirely Linux.

Cheers,
Andy