[HLUG] New Member

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 13 10:50:55 BST 2008

Broomster wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, I'll go and investigate :-)
>
> Luckily genealogy programs have a standard for exporting their data
> (gedcom) so I shouldn't have any problems moving stuff across to it..
> Tho having said that, I managed to get my windows app working using
> wine.. - but that defeats the object lol.. native apps all the way :-)

Hi Mike

Another place worth trying is sourceforge.net, or freshmeat.org

Both are repositories of 1000's of open source applications.

Both a bit unwieldy to get started with, but a huge amount better than
they used to be.

I think there was a review of Gramps in Linux Format, a while back, so
you may want to check their website archives for a review to see how it
measures up. From what I can remember, its supposed to be pretty good.

Julian