[HLUG] Multiple disk setup

Andrew Hodgson Andrew.Hodgson at allpay.net
Fri Apr 18 13:39:06 BST 2008

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net wrote:

>hi,

>> So when it breaks and you are unable to work for however long, would
>> that still be worth the saving of NOT buying another one for £15 and
>> mirroring them?

>TOUCHE!

:-) I don't have room for more than one disk in that box though, if we lose it there is just a couple of services lost in the home network :-).

>actually, since the drop in HDD prices, I can't see why most people don't
>have their data in at least raid 1....
>All my movies and CDs are on a RAID 10 set, you never can tell...

Yes, agreed in principle.

Andrew.

--

allpay.net Limited, Fortis et Fides, Whitestone Business Park, Whitestone, Hereford, HR1 3SE.

Registered in England No. 02933191. UK VAT Reg. No. 666 9148 88.

Telephone: 0870 243 3434, Fax: 0870 243 6041.

Website: www.allpay.net

Email: enquiries at allpay.net

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the allpay.net Information Security Manager at the number above.