[HLUG] Syncing with Windows..

Broomster broomster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 23:26:42 BST 2008

Hi Gang,
Newbie advice time again lol..

As I'm the only one on our home network brave enough to ditch windows,
I'm in need of a bit of help..

Can anyone recommend a package preferably for my pc (tho if worst
comes to the worst for one of the windows pc's..) that will sync files
(in both directions) between my pc and a windows pc? Something simple
with a gui if possible..

We're connected via a router - and I tend to download some files that
my partner would like on her pc too. Rather than us both downloading
them, I'd like to send them across to her shared directory, and at the
same time grab any she's downloaded that I haven't already got..

Also, as we're on a capped broadband package (limited to 20gb a month
during the day - but unlimited during the night (12am-8am) - I'd like
to set ubuntu to download all the updates overnight.. Is there a
simple way of doing this?

Cheers,
Mike.

--