[HLUG] SCAM to my Herefordshire LUG user name[Fwd: Abbey Customer Notice]

Gordon Alabaster herelug at centaurus.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 23:22:12 BST 2008

Hi,

I wish to report that I have received a SCAM email to my Herefordshire
LUG user name. I am writing because I only use this username for the
Herefordshire LUG, so someone has got hold of it somehow and it may
affect other members.

The email is asking Abbey Customers to click on a link and enter all
their security information. Doing this would allow the originator to
clear out someone's account.

I have not attached the email but can forward it to someone appropriate
if required.

Regards

Gordon Alabaster