[HLUG] Linux install problems

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 28 11:16:20 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 20:02 +0100, j michaelson wrote:
> here's the latest.
>
> i got the alternate install cd and it worked ok on my laptop, but when
> i tried it on daniel's it froze up. i tried it a few times, ran the cd
> check but no luck.
>
> any suggestion?

Short of selling the machine? ;)

Have you tried it with a minimal gui-based rescue disc, such
as DSL? This should show that the hardware will work with
Xorg in some shape or form.
Having done that, I'd personally be inclined to install a
basic Debian without X, check everything else works, then
add in the minimal Xorg packages, and see how it goes.

 - Richard