[HLUG] Offtopic - How to get faster ADSL speeds

Morven Lewis-Everley m.lewis.everley at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 11:21:28 BST 2008

If you coiled the wire in any way (in an attempt to save space) that can
also cause increased resistance in the wire, wich reduces the strength of
the signal.

I remember when I installed my surround sound system a few years ago, I
completley lost all internet... Turns out I placed the sub-woofer right next
to the ethernet cable (oops). The lesson that can be learned from this is
try to also keep networking cables away from magnets (esspecially powerful
eltro ones).

Mo