[HLUG] Open Source Software on Midlands Today

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 3 00:56:20 GMT 2008

Hi

Midlands Today, on BBC1 Friday night, had a piece where they showed a pc
screen and a media player with a video. Hmm, its not the Microsoft Media
player I thought. When I looked a bit more closely you could see they
were using VLC on Windows, a very nice open source Media Player.

The story didn't mention open source or Linux, but its nice to see the
beeb using OSS software when you wouldn't have expected it .

Cheers