[HLUG] HTML editors -- was: Re: Where ...?

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 22 12:26:47 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 11:13 +0000, Graham Cole wrote:
> Thanks Richard, that is a lot of information I didn't know. I use
> Firefox so I'll probably look at Firebug first.

Firebug is an extension that helps you see what's going
on in a website, enabling you to better fine-tune the
xhtml & CSS, which you may be best doing in your
favourite text editor [1], or web editor. Firebug does
edit of course, but many of us prefer to still use
a separate editor.

Have a look at those your distro packages - which distro
do you use, btw? [2]

If you're very attached to Firefox, the complete Mozilla
suite contains an integrated Web Editor.

As I said, let us know what type of page you have to do,
and we may be able to give more guided advice.

Cheers,

 - Richard

[1] No cue for a Vi vs Emacs war, let's declare peace, hold
    hands, and all use Emacs ;-P
[2] ditto, but Debian ;0)

Richard Smedley,                                          rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                         +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:       4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                     contact matthew at m6-it.org