[HLUG] RE: Herefordshire Digest, zenwalk

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:01:28 BST 2008

john p,

hav u just lost windows
or have you lost data?

if so the data is the most valuable,

2 ways i know to get it are
1) to boot from a live cd and copy the data to an external hard drive

2) take the hard drive out of the laptop
and put it in a usb enclosure thingy
and use another computer to plug it in as an external hard drive
and copy the data off...

i believe ubuntu can read NTFS data

of course you should have backed everything up first...

                   [george]

~        george at dicenews.com      ~
~               07970 378 572            ~
~         www.dicegeorge.com        ~
~                     (c)2008                  ~