[HLUG] Ubuntu 8.04 - is it a stable LAMP environment?

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Mon Jun 9 10:39:37 BST 2008

Hi Andrew,

Have a look at CentOS too.  It is a free RHEL clone but I don't know how
current the PHP etc are compared to RHEL.

Our web server (at UK Dedicated / Flump) uses CentOS Enterprise 4.6 with
cPanel and has Apache v2.2.8, PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 5.0.45-community.  I
don't know if these are updated with cPanel or CentOS though.  We have
had this server for a couple of years and have had no stability problems
with it.

I use Ubuntu 7.10 server on my local test server with no problems but
that is not a realistic online environment.

Paul.