[HLUG] Virtulisation and file systems

David Shorthouse kungfu at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 22:14:58 BST 2008

Having used both Vmware and virtualbox.. my favourite is Virtualbox.I run an
opensuse 10.3 machine which is an AMD Athlon 1.8Ghz processor with a gig of
ram it will happily run windows 2000 and vista although a little slugish
running both.

The advantage of running virtualbox is you can make ir run as if its a native
linux program so you open the program it loads the virtual machine but you
dont see the desktop which could be good if thats all you want.. This was one
of the writups in linux format this month or a couple of months ago.

With Regards to your 500Gig NTFS Drive I dont think you can convert but if you
do install fat32 please do not use one 500gig partition

The Weather station side. you said that it uses alot of dlls... are these
installed by the system.. Wine can do some wonderful things if you have the
time to play...

I hope this helps

Dave
Mental note 18th of June next meeting....