[HLUG] anitvirus and firewalls

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 11:20:14 UTC 2008

I'm not an expert
but I dont think there is much danger of virii in ubuntu
but the big dangers are of phishing,
clicking a link in an email which pretends to be from your bank
and accidentally giving them your passwords...

I trust the ubuntu updates to sort out any other holes

I'd write more but iv just got an email
that i'v won a lot of money in a lottery that i didnt enter
so i'd better send them my pin code straight away....

                   [george]

~        george at dicenews.com      ~
~               07970 378 572            ~
~         www.dicegeorge.com        ~
~                     (c)2008                  ~