[HLUG] November meeting

Miyamoto Musashi musashi.meijin at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 12 21:29:55 UTC 2008

As requested......

My real name is Rob.

I'm 35 years old, married with 3 kids.

It's easy to state my experience in Linux.....virtually none.....!!!

Your group was recommended to me.

I tried Ubuntu 8.4 a few weeks ago, but couldn't get my laptop's inbuilt
wireless card to work with it, so my foray kind of stalled there.

However, 8.10 Intrepid Ibex (great names!) came along and I'm all
connected and ready to go !

I have a Toshiba Equium A300D dual booting Windoze Vaster and Ubuntu 8.10.

I have done very little command line type work so far.

Why Linux ? Well, it's free, and out in the wild, so I thought I'd have
a go and see what I could do with it. I'm relatively proficient at
Windoze but I'd like to learn Linux.

If all goes well, I will get there at Burghill and say hello and see how
I can contribute.

So, I'm 'young' and 'impressionable' as far as Linux goes.....so please
be gentle with me !! ;-)

Rob