[HLUG] REMINDER !! - Nov LUG Meeting Tomorrow @ Burghill !!

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 18 22:50:45 UTC 2008

Hi

Just a reminder that the November Herefordshire LUG meeting will take
place tomorrow at 7.30pm at the Simpson hall, Burghill, Hereford.

http://tinyurl.com/6ba3g5

http://www.myherefordshire.com/default_A4848DB420584ABB9BE6410B7AB09981.aspx

A further route map was posted on the mailing list previously, and is on
our website too.

It would be nice to have a good turn out for what might probably be our
last normal meeting of the year (usually we have a Christmas meal for
December).

The agenda includes :-

* Getting HLUG Website setup again - a discussion on how to get as many
members blogging and adding their own content.
* Discussion on the hall itself and suitability for our group. Does the
wifi work ? ;-)
* General session of Linux help

I probably will be unable to make it, as I will be on babysitting duty.

If we can increase numbers to our meetings I hope we can start arranging
more talks put on by our members in the new Year. This can be on
anything from beginners explaining how they managed to crack installing
Ubuntu for the first time, explaining the use of using Desktop
applications such as Scribus, Inkscape or the Gimp, to server
applications such as wiki's, or setting up a mail server.

Hopefully if the Simpson hall works out well for us, we can expand and
improve on this.

Julian Robbins