[HLUG] HLUG website update

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 18 23:16:13 UTC 2008

Hi

Me again - the joys of being a  lugmaster ;-)

Just to let you know that we had a excellent response to a request for
hosting the herefordshire.lug.org.uk domain. After going through each
carefully, we will be using Paul Stenning's kind offer of a dedicated
server with UK Dedicated, running CentOS, apache, php, mysql, perl and
other regular Linux web server stuff, managed with cPanel.
This will give us the flexibility and power we need. Many thanks to all
who offered webspace, we were genuinely surprised at the number of

Mark B has offered, in fact as already setup, a new skeleton Drupal
site, which is already tied to a temporary domain at hlug.wetlettuce.com
You will be able to see the work to rebuild the site as time goes on.

We hope to resurrect much of the old website content, with new content
and members' blogs too.

We still need to wait for lug.org.uk to get the domain transferred to
the new name server - (i still haven't heard anything back from my email
of 8 days ago to them .. ) But we're own our way !!

Have a good meeting tomorrow !