[HLUG] Simpson hall, Burghill location map and directions

grhmc at lavabit.com grhmc at lavabit.com
Wed Nov 19 13:33:53 UTC 2008

2 things to add to Julian's info:
We can park behind the hall but go in at the front door if the Scottish
dancing is in progress. We meet upstairs.

I visited the hall this morning to try getting the wifi connection with
Linux, running an Ubuntu live system. I failed, probably because of a
peculiar feature of the router set-up. It's necessary to change from
'open' to 'shared' in a dialogue box if using XP. If you use Vista you
would not readily find this choice and would be unable to connect until
you did find it. With the Ubuntu Network Settings tool I had no way of
choosing between 'open' and 'shared'.

Graham