[HLUG] SATA drive question

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Thu Nov 27 18:21:07 UTC 2008

grhmc at lavabit.com wrote:
 > BUT the main question for me was whether to use the external disc for an
 > Ubuntu backup, with the possibility of other things being added to the
 > same disc. It seems that you say it's possible and I can go ahead and
 > experiment with Simple Backup.
 >
 > Thanks again
 >
 > Graham

Yes, the backups with Simple Backup are just archive files written to
wherever you set it to.  It doesn't matter if there is other stuff on
the backup drive so you can use it for Simple Backup backups and other
things.  Just create a directory for the backups to be stored in to keep
things tidy.

Paul