[HLUG] Highly recommended DVD Video Creation on Linux ManDVD

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 2 23:04:05 UTC 2008

Hi

I was going to mention this before, but forget.

I had to knock up a quick DVD with some video footage, to send to my
parents of our daughter.
If you've tried doing this before, some of the tools are quite poor
compared to ones on Windows.

but ManDVD is really quite excellent - I'm surprised it seems to be
quite unknown in general.

It looks to me to be a professional app, that has been opensourced, and
is very easy to use.
I made my whole video, include DVD titles, in about half an hour.

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/11/20/create-video-dvds-with-mandvd/
http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/ManDVD-Review-51807.shtml

Please have a  look if you're interested in making DVD's - streets ahead
of the other tools I have used.