[HLUG] Tux seen in Morrisons

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Oct 13 19:19:10 UTC 2008

2008/10/13 Julian Robbins <joolsr at fastmail.fm>:
> Just to let you know that I think we can say the year of Desktop Linux
> has really finally arrived.

s/desktop/laptop/g  :)

> Going into Morrisons into Leominster today, there was a big sign about
> their new Asus Eee Pc for £199 with 'Linux Software' ..

They had a full page ad in a national newspaper too. I showed it to my
collegues in the sarnie shop today :)

> The spec is a bit vague, they dont even have any boxes on display let
> alone the devices themselves, but its the one with 16GB SD memory, 1GB
> Ram, 1.3MB webcam, and 8.9" screen. 901 ??

Sounds more like the 900.

> Perhaps we can ask them, if they mind having some flyers for Linux and
> the LUG displayed with them ???

That's a top idea. If you do generate any flyers, be sure to pass them
on to other LUGs via the LUGMaster mailing list. I'm sure other LUGs
would be interested in this kind of promotion.

Cheers,
Al.