[HLUG] Apache log Viewer

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 21 09:41:57 UTC 2008

Hi

Something I've been looking for for a while is a decent Apache log
viewer, ie a tool where it can parse the log so i can see the web
visitors log but in a more graphical way, and resolving the ip's for
domain names. I use Google Analytics for most of the heavy duty
analysis, but would like a tool where I can just go thru the logs a bit
easier than say using vi.

ie I might want to search on the log for when a visitor adds something
into the shop cart and checks out. If they don't checkout, I want to
have a close look at why working my way through the log line by line.
Currently I use a very old version of Webtrends, circa 1999 ! which is
fine, but windows only and doesnt support anything but FTP which is a
problem.

The tool could be windows based, but i would much prefer a Linux one

Any ideas ??