[HLUG] Minty Freshness

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:56:46 UTC 2008

2008/9/4 Christopher Evans <reactiv8 at hotmail.co.uk>:

> Mint works fine with nVidia graphics cards 6200 series - especially if you want to use a wide-screen monitor ... Not so good with TV-viewing applications though - I've tried and failed with: MythTV, Mythbuntu, FreeVO & tvtime :(

Until it blew it's caps last week i was happily using a 6200 with tv
out for myth. Now i'm stuck with an old radeon 9200 until i can get a
better card :( Note to self, don't buy cheapie cards off ebay ever
ever ever again.

Stick with the nvidia proprietary driver instead of the one bundled
with X and you won't go far wrong.

Cheers
Matt