[HLUG] HLUG Meeting place - possible new Venues?

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 8 07:18:37 UTC 2008

Hi

We've discussed this before, but one of the ways we can get further as a
group, and to support ourselves, and others, and events like Software
Freedom Day, this year or next is to have a decent meeting venue with
*proper* IT facilities .

The Day Centre we meet at is friendly, cheap, central has good car
parking, but has two notable issues, no spare pc's to play with, and no
wifi broadband. The second in this connected world in the biggest problem.

Chris Evans' suggestion of the CAP, in Lingen set me thinking .. great
idea but wrong location ?

There are many other Community Access Points in the County. I found the
list of them here:-

http://www.myherefordshire.com/communityaccess/locations.aspx

Can I suggest before we approach them, if anyone know the operators of
*/any /*of the CAPS that they get in touch on the list beforehand ?
Lingen is a great idea, but I think we need somewhere more
central/accessible to start with.

Also, I notice that the CAP's were setup by jointly by Herefordshire In
Touch whom we did a couple of Linux projects in the past, so I might try
contacting them too ..