[HLUG] Preston as a venue for LUG meeting & CAPS Herefordshire

grhmc at lavabit.com grhmc at lavabit.com
Wed Sep 10 19:49:13 UTC 2008

> GRAHAM COLE wrote:
>> The CAP at Preston on Wye uses a small room and the organiser expects to
>> not
>> have enough space for us. BUT we could use an adjacent room which holds
>> about 10 people and we would be able to use the wifi of the CAP. So we
>> can
>> have our own space but it would cost £8 for the hire. It would have to
>> be a
>> Wednesday evening.
>>
> Hi Graham
>
> Can I suggest we book it for our normal slot , third Weds on Month at
> Preston and give it a try ?
>
> This will mean next week, but I don't want leave things for another month.
>
> Please can you go ahead any book it, if you don't mind, we'll take it
> from there. Although it costs £8, its only about the same as normal, ie
> we usually pay a £1 each at the Day Centre. I guess if we have a really
> poor turnout anytime, it'll be more expensive, but the aim is get MORE
> members coming along, MORE momentum, and MORE help offered, etc. So
> hopefully this wont be the case ;-).

I visited the hall this evening and found the computers were being well
used but the tutor/person-in-charge was actually attending a meeting in
the room which we might use. I didn't interrupt the meeting.
Next Wednesday by unlucky coincidence there will be the AGM of the village
hall so it would be intrusive if we went too. We could consider going on
the following Wed, being the 4th one of the month.

> Would also be handy to find out,
>
>     *  how long they allow us there til ?
>     *  car parking
>     *  and if there's a pub, or refreshments/toliets at/near the venue.

The CAP is open 7 till 9pm
The hall is very modern and smart, having had a big lottery grant.
Facilities are excellent
plenty of car parking space
A pub is in the village: not a smart foodie place but looking like a quiet
rural local.