[HLUG] Open Source Web Based Project Management Software

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:29:16 UTC 2008

2008/9/11 Julian Robbins <joolsr at fastmail.fm>:
> Hi
>
> I'm researching using the above.
>
> I tried DotProject a couple of years ago, but found it a bit clunky. Its
> still moving a bit slowly as a project i think
>
> I like ActiveCollab, but its not open source now. We could use
> commercial software, but always prefer Open Source if possible.
>
> There are a lot of exciting projects out there, but also we cant use the
> SAAS model, ie software hosted by a company, we need to install and use
> internally.
>
> I've found and tried out achievo.org which is ok, but I'd like something
> a bit easier to use preferably.
>
> Any suggestions of what others use in their companies for Project/Task
> management/Collaboration ?

I''ve recently set up a trac(http://trac.edgewall.org/) install at my
job which is pretty good for that sort of thing. My main reason for
setting it up was the subversion integration but you can just skip
that if you want and just use the wiki and ticketing system for more
regular project management stuff. There's a good list of plugins
available at trac hacks as well (http://trac-hacks.org/).

Cheers
Matt