[HLUG] Change registered user id

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 21 09:42:29 UTC 2009

Gordon Alabaster wrote:
> I wish to change my registered user id but cannot find where to do this.
>   I tried to log into the web site but it did not seem to recognise my
> username or my password.
>
> Please can you advise how I do this?

Hi thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I was ill yesterday and
still feeling under the weather today ..

I think whats happened is that you signed up pre Sept/Oct last year,
with our 'old' website. Our entire website had to be setup again from
scratch as our hosts got hacked, and they couldnt give us any copies of
our previous site info, like users, content or anything.

If you can go to this address http://hlug.org.uk/user/register you will
have to re-register an account. You can pick your old username if you
wish, but none of your old blog content will be there due to the reasons
above.

Thanks again, for wanting to blog on our site ;-)

Julian Robbins