[HLUG] Nautilus doesn't show the size of a folder?

Chris cowens at clara.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 21:10:12 UTC 2009

graham wrote:
> Puzzle: can I find out the size of a folder in KB? For individual files
> Nautilus tells me the size in KB. For a folder such as Documents it
> tells me the size as a number of items.
>
> Graham

Hi Graham
    Nautilus 2.26.2 shows folder and file sizes
       For folders, select the folder then go to File>Properties and the
folder size is given as the number of files and the total size in KB.
       For files first make sure the files are displayed in 'List' form
then go to 'View'>'Visible Columns' and make sure 'Size' is checked.

Hope this helps

Chris Owens