[HLUG] dell mini 10v ubuntu netbook

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 21:22:59 UTC 2009

For what framework of best?
I would say the crucial question is the variation tolerated in the 10v; and is a
nominal 12v input supported so it can be run directly from a battery. Bear in
mind that I have habitually used an inverter off a vehicle 12v system topped up
with PV to recharge my Dell latitude for regular daily use in the field. As long
as the battery it's based on ( in the vehicle or renewably charged) is kept up
the voltage/power supply flavour is largely irrelevant.
So what you really should be looking at is whether the machine can do the tasks
your friend would want.

Travel well (and mind the gap in the roof!)
Pete h@