[HLUG] Content filtering server, email server, domain controller

Alex Mace alex at hollytree.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 21:16:54 UTC 2009

I've said this time and again to many people who ask me that very
question about Google. The simple answer to me is that yes, they could
go away. They could lose the data, etc, etc. However the reliability
of their service has far surpassed anything I could possible set up in
a similar time and the quality of the service is far beyond anything
I've found. Yes, they could do any of those things you mention, but I,
you and everyone else in the world are also fallible. It's an argument
that could be taken to the nth degree. What happens if 'x' disappears
tomorrow?

I prefer to not worry about some never never tomorrow and concentrate
on finding a good solution to today's problems.

I can see it fitting perfectly into a small business network, but with
the added advantage that Google Mail and Calendar can be accessed from
all over the world and offer great solutions for offline access.

Alex