[HLUG] nokia synch with ubuntu

Malcolm Herbert mherbert at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 17:28:54 UTC 2009

yep, though depends on the version of Symbian OS on your phone; I have
my N96 syncing with files, evolution (sigh) and also with zimbra using
opensync, specifically the 0.22 version of msynctool and associated
plugins.

Its an old version but reliable; they moved to an xml config format in
the later version which became a pain to debug

Malc

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 15:28 +0000, dicegeorge at hotmail dot com wrote:
> Has anyone out there managed to synch a nokia phone with ubuntu?
>
> The supplied software is PCSuite which is only for windows.
>
> I want to synchronise and backup
> contacts, messages  and  calendar,
> and to escape from windows.
>
> My new phone is a Nokia N85, it'v luvverly!
>
> ~
> ~  [g]  ~  [george]  ~  george at dicenews.com   ~
> ~       07970 378 572    ~ ~   01568 760 333     ~
> ~                    www.dicegeorge.com   (c)2009.  ~
> ~

Dr Malcolm Herbert
Regional Services Manager, Red Hat EMEA