[HLUG] Open source intranet?

Morven Lewis-Everley m.lewis.everley at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:00:51 UTC 2009

Thanks for all the advice,

I need something that can be used to manage a lot of files, and also allow
comments and information to be shared on those files. They are going to be
all sorts of things, from office documents, to images to audio and video
files. Also, some sort of versioning software would be useful.

I have tried setting up plone, and its working ok, not really sure what I am
doing with it now however. It seems the most likely system to allow me to do
this sort of thing (short of sharepoint... shudder), but does anyone have
any ideas on any adons or ways of seting up a strict project based file
sytem through it?

Mo