[HLUG] Free PC

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Sat Jul 4 08:38:15 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have a spare PC with a minor fault which is available FREE to anyone
who can come and collect it.

It is made by Tiny, model 810L.  It is a small white mini-tower type
case, Pentium 3 600MHz, 128MB RAM (spare slot to upgrade), 20GB Fujitsu
hard disk, DVD-ROM drive, CD-RW drive, floppy drive and modem.

The power supply is FAULTY - it won't power up at all.  It has standard
ATX connections but is smaller than a normal ATX type.  I don't think a
normal ATX type will fit in the space.

I have connected a normal ATX type separately as a test and everything
else seems to work.  It booted into a messed-up Windows 98 installation,
so I have securely wiped the hard disk with Darik's Boot and Nuke.

It is very clean inside and looks like it has had very little use.  This
wouldn't surprise me knowing the person who gave it to me.  Part of the
front casing is a bit yellowed.

It is FREE but must be collected within the next fortnight.  I live on
the south side of Hereford, on the new estate on Bullingham Lane (old
SAS camp) which is off the A49 Ross Road.  I don't know if I am coming
to the next meeting so don't want to rely on that.

Email me if interested.

--

Best regards,
Paul Stenning