[HLUG] Next HLUG Meeting Weds 17th June

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 9 17:35:04 UTC 2009

Hi

I've spoken again with Matthew the owner of Cookies, the Internet
Cafe/PC shop/Art Gallery in Leominster as mentioned last week
http://www.atmosweb.co.uk. It's an interesting place, and he uses Linux
for his Internet cafe pc's (Linux Mint).

I've arranged a lug meet there for our usual Third Weds of the month, at
7.30pm ie Weds next week; 17th June. Apart from having coffees, ice
creams, and snacks on hand (you have to pay for these but its self
service so not expensive), there are 4 net connected PC's, and a wifi
connection. So lots of reasons to attend !

Also, as its in the town centre, you have pubs, food, and the bus and
rail stations close by. In fact the bus station is only 30 seconds walk
away, if you fancy having a drink later ...

I do need to confirm whether he will charge us for the Internet usage
and if so, how much and how. He seems pretty reasonable, so I'm sure
even if we do have to pay between us, it won't be that expensive. Best
to get these things sorted out up front though ;-)

Matthew seems to be pretty up for this, so fair play to him.

Further details to follow, and a map, though its easy to find.

Hopefully we can get a good turn out this month.