[HLUG] June Meeting this WEDS 17th in Leominster !

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 14 21:56:33 UTC 2009

Hi

I have added full details of our venue for our June meeting on our
webpage, www.hlug.org.uk

Directions and venue notes can also be found here http://www.hlug.org.uk

Please note; the plan is to see if Cookies Net cafe is a more suitable
venue than the Simpson Hall in Burghill.
It has some advantages:-

    * a better atmosphere,
    * means to get drinks, ice-creams even
    * wifi,
    * net connected pc's available,
    * and is in the centre of a town, so there is public transport,
    * and lots of pubs around for a drink afterwards perhaps. :-)

Please come along and it give a try. Matthew, the owner of Cookies,
where we are meeting will also be there, so if you're in the market for
a netbook, pc, or IT help, he may be able to help.

We have only a couple of minor topics this month;

   1. Discussing 'Cookies' as a possible longer term venue for meetings
   2. I'll bring my T-Mobile G1 - Android phone which runs Linux if
      anyone wants to see it, a great example of linux really working well.

But if anyone would like to give an informal presentation/workshop on a
topic of their interest, or just something you've recently been dabbling
with, please come along, and let me know beforehand preferably. You
certainly don't need to be an expert; enthusiasm and an interest in your
topic is best ;-) You may be a newbie whose just conquered the Gimp, or
just installed Ubuntu the first time, or perhaps you've just seen the
light and think KDE4 is the best thing since sliced bread !!

There are trains from Hereford, and even some pretty late returning ones
too. Perhaps we should also try and encouraging lift sharing, as I know
some lug members don't have regular transport.

I'll be coming from Shobdon a little further up north in the County if
anyone wants a lift ..

See you there