[HLUG] hard drive advice please

Matt Jones matt at mattjones.me.uk
Wed Mar 11 23:36:08 UTC 2009

That looks about on the money for the capacity, personally for a 1TB
SATA drive I would go for a samsung drive. Seagate are having a few
firmware issues at the moment, so it would possibly be advised to
avoid them. (The samsung drive is currently £80 from ebuyer.com, with
free delivery). As these drives are OEM you will need to supply your
own cables/screws. The spec list doesn't say if the computer has a
spare SATA port free, Most motherboards now have four but some only
have two, which in your case would be taken up with the current
drives. The easiest way to check this would be to have a look inside.

Hope this helps.
Mj