[HLUG] Pub meet for HLUG in May ?

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu May 7 12:51:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 06 May 2009 08:49 +0100, "GRAHAM COLE" <grhmc at lavabit.com>
wrote:
> Wed 20th May is a clash for me so I'd rather go on Thursday.
> I lkie the idea of a pub and the Black Lion would be a good location. I
> guess it would be ideal for some of us if food is available.

Since we havent heard any more from anyone we'll give it a go.

If anyone has any other/better ideas pls pass them on, in case the Black
Lion wont suffice somehow, ie lack of food, wifi

Years ago, ie around 1999-2002 I used to regularly go there, before it
turned into a Chinese Restaurant (another incarnation). They used to
have a great Pop Quiz, and the pub always had a good atmosphere. I
haven't been since, so it will be nice to see it again.

Its quite olde worlde inside, and pretty interesting around the outside
of back of the pub - lots of old buildings from centuries ago. Not much
parking there, so follow Paul's advice.

Paul : can you please make enquiries about whether any food will be on,
and check wifi is good to go. If you can, it may be worth getting any
username, and paswds for the wifi if they will give it to you, as this
is always a pfaff to get going to start with.

If everyone is happy, can I suggest we confirm to alter the day on this
occasion to the Thursday 21st May ? This will let other members who cant
normally turn up on Weds to come along.

Julian

PS Got a response from the Pembridge CAP chap. He will pass on the date
and an invite to their bimonthly CAPS get together, so we can chat to
them about linux and open source