[HLUG] Pub meet for HLUG in May ?

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Sat May 9 10:07:29 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I had a chat with one of the landlords (Mark) of the Black Lion last
night.  We are most welcome and good to go.  I said it is normally
around 6 to 10 people but does vary.

They have karaoke every other Thursday evening, and the 21st is clear.

They sell food up to 8:30pm Monday to Thursday, and could keep the
kitchen open bit later if there is enough interest (order before 8:30pm
even if you don't want the food until later).  I have eaten there a few
times and can confirm that the food is really good and excellent value.

Free WiFi is fine, the WEP key is on the wall.  However he asks that
people are sensible with bandwidth use (so no big downloads etc) as it
is their own broadband account.

The pub is open all day and through until at least midnight so times are
flexible.  Unlike the hall we don't have to be out at 10pm or whatever.

Assuming we are all happy I will confirm with them a few days before.  I
will also sort out some directions and map (pub and car park) in due course.

Paul