[HLUG] Pub meet for HLUG in May ?

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Mon May 18 15:38:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009 11:08 +0100, "dicegeorge at hotmail dot com"
<dicegeorge at hotmail.com> wrote:
> so its wednesday at burghill again?
> or tuesday?

Hi everyone

I've been busy at work, so havent had a chance to reply.

We'll stick to Tuesday i.e. TOMORROW night , as we dont want to
change things again .....

We have a couple of options :-

Pubs with Wifi

Three Elms Inn, on A4110 in Hereford on Canon Pyon road.

HLUG went there before, quite friendly, but we were too far from
their wifi for it to work. Now there is a smoking ban, we can
probably get a bit nearer to the box that does the wifi, and not
get tobacco poisoning :-)

Bay Horse Inn, On Kings Acre Road, Hereford.

Pub is ok. I went there with Graham after Noel's (one of our
founding LUG membesr) funeral.

Its listed as having wifi there. I haven't tried the wi-fi there.
Pub was quiet ish, last time I went so it might suit us.
The Wetherspoons in Commercial Road, Hereford  has Free Wi-fi

I never been in, so please tell me if anyone knows what its like
?

Spread Eagle, nr the Cathedral, Hereford

We used to use this pub, quite a bit in the early days, they do
food, nice atmosphere, has a nice courtyard and quiet a bit of
space near the back. But no wi-fi and you'll get wet if you stay
outside ;-( ...

Still, perhaps the pub is more important than the wifi !!

Also, I might just be able to get my o2 /3 mobile broadband wifi
sharing in time for tomorrow, so then we dont need wifi anyway,
in theory ...

We need to get decided soon, but can we have votes/suggestions
for each ?

My vote is to try the Bay Horse inn, or The Three Elms

Get your votes in NOW !!!

I'll post more details, like exact location, etc for the winning
pub.

Cheers

Julian

http://www.pubinnguide.com/pubdetailsidx100016.asp

<herefordshire at mailman.lug.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [HLUG] Pub meet for HLUG in May ?
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For reasons that I do not wish to discuss on a public list
the meeting
> > WILL NOT be taking place at the Black Lion, nor will any
other HLUG
> > meetings.
> >
> > Sorry for the last minute change but we will need to look for
an
> > alternative venue.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Paul Stenning
> >
> > www.vintage-radio.com
> > www.vintage-radio.net
> > www.service-data.com
> > www.sp-tech.co.uk
> >

> > Julian Robbins wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Yepp, sorry I should have sent a reminder before - its THIS
TUESDAY, at
> >> 7.30pm.
> >>
> >> It will be at The Black Lion Inn, Bridge St, Hereford,
County of
> >> Herefordshire, HR4‎ - 01432 343 535

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=blac
k+lion+hereford&sll=52.055868,-2.05719&sspn=0.57674,1.235962&ie=U
TF8&ll=52.054773,-2.717979&spn=0.009012,0.019312&z=16‎
> >> ‎
> >> To get there, its almost in the City Centre. At the
roundabout off Edgar
> >> St, and the City Walls Road, go South towards
Ross/Abergavenny on the
> >> A49 dual carriageway, then turn left at the traffic lights
into St.
> >> Nicholas St. Follow the road round to your right, and down
the hill
> >> towards the Left Bank Restaurant and river.
> >>
> >> You will find the Black Lion almost opposite the Left Bank
Centre. There
> >> is some parking behind the pub, but not a great deal.
Otherwise, there
> >> is some onstreet parking further back up the road, or go
further past
> >> the pub, over the old river bridge, and you will find a
council owned
> >> car park, on your left.
> >>
> >> There is some wifi, and I believe that there should be food
available,
> >> if anyone wants. You may want to confirm this.
> >>
> >> See you there at 7.30 pm
> >>
> >> Julian

(definitely) Tuesday

directions and/or