[HLUG] Weird one.....

Meijin meijin.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:15:51 UTC 2009

I'm still struggling with trying to get Windows XP back on someone's
laptop (and no they don't want Ubuntu - I've tried !)

I can quite happily put Ubuntu onto the machine and it will run fine and
happy.

However, I cannot get XP back onto it as the install bombs out, usually
about 25% of the way through (during file copies)

I've tried a different hard disk just in case Ubuntu was less fussy
about drive errors than Windows, but to no avail....

I'm a little stumped to say the least.

Anyone experienced anything similar and able to offer advice ?

Cheers

Rob