[HLUG] Weird one.....

Paul Stenning paul at sp-tech.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 16:21:13 UTC 2009

Try a different CD-ROM drive if you can, or try making a copy of the
Windows CD and installing from that.  I suspect the drive can't read
part of the CD for some reason.

When you say "bombs out" does it crash, give an error or just appear to
freeze?  If it's just appearing to freeze, leave it 20 minutes or so to
make sure it really has frozen and isn't just on a go-slow.

Paul