[HLUG] education related software for ISFD

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 20:31:01 UTC 2010

thanks for all the suggestions Richard - that's really helpful

I am turning my mind to the info I can get out via the council contact
to schools prior to term starting and also once term begins -
hence I think the best bet will be to have some documents with arguments
for open source in education and links to useful sites  already loaded
on one of the PC's we will be running on the day plus examples of some
programs specifically for teachers/students - I can then say in mailouts
that we will have info aimed at teachers/students available on the day
as well as the more mainstream FOSS info.

can i be cheeky and ask if you have written on this elsewhere that you
could put a couple of documents together for us - doesn't have to be
very complex that we can use as a resource and also suggest which
example programs would be best to use as illustration?

there is obviously quite alot out there and I am not sure to start - the
contact I have made is concerned mainly wth primary education but he is
happy to send our info out to the secondary sector as well

--
Sarah

SFD event - 18 Sept 2010 -
http://piratepad.net/n7Tuzn49Is