[HLUG] The venue

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 17:59:45 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I had a chat with Jackie of All Saints Church about the venue space and
facilities.

The space we are offered is to the church side of the main passage through the
church between the two doors, and at the far side as seen from the main
entrance. We do not have wall space, so I am going ahead with a free standing
display island (or 2) using the materials George donated and my stock in hand.

I am of the opinion that we can deploy ourselves around three cafe type tables
and an adequate supply of stacking chairs so we can have different kinds of
activity going on simultaneously.

Jackie mentioned power points in the plural, but we do need to have safety
isolators between the mains and our equipment. I am assuming the area will be
adequately lit, as we have no control over lighting. To the best of my
recollection the entire church is accessible under the relevant legislation
(including loos etc.)

Best news of all, Jackie has said we can use the church wifi to connect to the
net. I have explained that I am responsible for display production only and that
I will leave all other matters to Jools (including the wifi codes.) She expects
to be present on the day.

As Jools has kindly offered to print posters and flyers, please can I have 10
posters and 50 A5 flyers to "do" Leominster.

Finally, welcome Meijin, to the ISFD production team. If you have time do please
keep us up to date with what and how through the Piratepad !

Busy day everyone, well done !

Pete H@

Still looking for personal Linux stories.....