[HLUG] SFD Funding - The Offers

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Aug 26 11:06:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've had a long chat with marketing about the best way to do this
whilst avoiding any unnecessary red tape (apparently invoicing the
company is going to be a nightmare as we'd need three quotes and it
would have to signed off by head office in Italy!).

The new plan is that someone (and probably not me because I need to
keep the connections between work and HLUG separate!) signs up to ne
of the following affiliate programs based upon the offer we think
would be most appropriate.

Offer 1
=======

Sign up through AfilliateWindow and for each customer we refer, we get
£25 commission.  The offer that they would sign up to would be a .info
domain for £1 and "SiteMaker Free" hosting package - the hosting is
not open source, but it does allow you to create a website/blog etc
without needing to know anything about FTP/HTML/PHP.

Offer 2
=======

Signup through ComissionJunction for SimplyHosting (our American
company) and for each customer get $25USD. The offer is a .com domain
name and 1 month free Linux Hosting for 1 cent - the hosting is on
automatic rebilling at $6.95 per month, so anyone that signed up would
need to cancel by the end of the first month, however regardless of
whether the hosting package is kept or not the customer keeps the
domain name.

=====================

This does of course mean that we need someone we can all trust to hold
the money (Pete- I seem to recall you mentioning something last night
about a non-profit org setup and ready to roll?) however it also means
that we can place a banner on the HLUG website (assuming Paul doesn't
object to the advertising!) and generate a large amount of revenue in
a relatively short space of time.

It also means that if just 10 people on this mailing list were
prepared to pay £1 (if we went with the first offer) then HLUG would
gain £250 in a very short space of time!

AfiliateWindow pay out twice a month with the deadlines for new
commission being the 15th and 31st of the month.

This means that if we move quickly and get a number of us signed up by
the 31st August, it is possible that a large chunk of the money would
be in the account before SFD.

Let me know your thoughts,

Kind regards,

Matt