[HLUG] Help with monitor adjustment

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 22:29:27 UTC 2010

Hello

Firstly Happy Christmas to everyone !

I have an odd problem I'm trying to think around. I have an LG 'Ring'
Digital LCD monitor. it seems to have a lot of 'edginess' on the display
especially text almost like it needs a reset, somehow. I usually run Ubuntu
10.10.

The monitor has no buttons to control its parameters, its all done with
software. The software ForteMnanager only works with Windows. I have no
Windows partition on my pc, and do not wish to add one, as it would mess up
the boot loader for my existing Linux installation - (i have a virtual
Windows environment I use anyway).

I tried to run fortemanager in my Windows VirtualBox but not surprisingly it
wont pick up the presence of the LG ring monitor.

I cant think how else I can get to run the Forte Manager software - any
ideas on how to solve this ?