[HLUG] Command Line Witchcraft?

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:52:05 UTC 2010

if someone on a email list sends me a command line solution
i dont know who they are or what it does
or how experienced the are.

if they send me instructions like

system/adminsitration/synapticpackage manager
quick search for [restricted]
select ubuntu-prestricted-extra

then i know that thousands will have been down this path before me,
that it has been tested and debugged by the ubuntu teams.

If there is one typo in their command line then it could casue all sorts of
damage.
if there is a typo in their instructions to use the menus
then when i get down to
ubuntu-prestricted-extra
i will see where they have mistyped.

[g]