[HLUG] New LUG Venue Required - Suggestions Please !!

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:01:08 UTC 2010

Hi everyone

As you may know, we need to look for another main venue for our LUG
meetings. I'm sure the place we are looking for is out there somewhere, but
no-ones come up with anything particular concrete as yet.

Malcolm is looking into seeing what he can arrange for a venue for our March
meeting, and he is happy to give us a talk as previously discussed. This
will be on Wednesday 17th March, subject to venue availability.

Ideally we need :-

   1. Wi-Fi access
   2. Possibility of getting some drinks & ideally food / loo nearby
   3. Reasonably centrally located in the County, (though that said meetings
   in Leominster have been well attended, and went down well).
   4. Easy to find:- Simpson Hall, in Burghill was ok, but really difficult
   to find at night ...
   5. Decent car parking
   6. Be not much more than a couple of pounds per head, even if only a
   handful make it.
   7. Optionally, would be useful if presentation facilities were available

Normally, rooms are hired out at between £14 and £25 per an hour, and this
is split amongst the members turning up, but our main issue is that as a
group we have no funds, and can't necessarily rely on a set minimum number
of members turning up at a meeting. ie, it's possible on a date with poor
weather, football on the telly etc, that very few turn up, and end up
forking out the whole room hire for the group. This is a situation we want
to avoid.

I have one place in mind and will check it out this weekend if I get time,
but by the sound of it, it maybe ok, but not ideal.

We haven't discounted the idea of using a Community Access Point, but this
also needs exploring too

Please, if anyone in the group can suggest a venue, or can arrange us to use
your place of work, etc put it forward now !

Many thanks