[HLUG] Chamber of commerce

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 22:04:58 UTC 2010

On 29 July 2010 11:47, info at lifespacedesign.co.uk <
info at lifespacedesign.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Something that came up in our meeting last night; do we have any group
> members
> that are members of Herefordshire Chamber of Commerce, or working in a
> business
> which is, that may be able to tap into their email network to publicise our
> Software Freedom Day event and other matters of interest, especially Matts
> offer
> of a serious enterprise server demo.

Hi

The company I work for is a member of C of C. I dont think it matters too
much if you are a member or not. Usually you can ring the Worcester number
snad they are more than happy to put you through, they will not ask if
you're a member.

I rang Community First today, and spoke to Chris Bird, the lady who is in
charge of the ICT projects they have withthe various community groups in the
two counties. They are happy to publicise SFD for us, and may even come down
and see what we're doing on the day. I need to send them something to give
them more details next.

I'll see if I can add this to Pirate Pad when I get home ...

Julian

Replies welcome here or in our ISFD piratepad space