[HLUG] March HLUG Presentation Special - This Weds !!

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 15 09:04:30 UTC 2010

Hi

This month we have a special meeting. We are very lucky to have Dr
Malcolm Herbert, Director, European Strategy and Solutions from Red Hat
giving us a presentation on Linux with topics such as :-

           - Current market for Linux and other open source applications
	- Key upstream technologies
	- Some competitive analysis (I might be a bit biased)

This is one not to miss! Malcolm regularly speaks at conferences on Open
Source topics and Open Source in Education.

Sarah Chard has kindly let us use her workshop area for our meeting just
a little north of Leominster (directions below). It has wifi and a good
sized car park and is easy to find

Unit 2
Cockgate School
Bircher
Leominster
HR6 0BL

Sat navs don't always pinpoint them and have sometimes sent people over
a mile away.
They are on the B4362 a couple of hundred yards in the Presteigne
direction beyond the Green Lane turning to Yarpole - google map attached
(put's the postcode on the wrong side of the crossroads) it's an old
victorian school -looks a bit like a church - they have parking for a
few vehicles but - depending on how many people arrive there is also a
big layby a few yards further on on the right hand side where you can park

I very annoyingly won't be able to make this meeting but please come
along as its likely to be one of best events of the year.

Thanks