[HLUG] [OT (kind of)] ...but I'm not in London...

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Wed Nov 17 06:57:10 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Firstly, please forgive the cross-posting, however I thought I'd try and
get this email out to as many people as possible.  On the other hand, if
you like this idea, please pass this email on to anyone else that you
feel might be interested!

I'm currently having great fun exploring DevOps and other Systems
Administration methodologies and I'd love to be able to meet up with
other like-minded individuals (is this starting to feel a bit like a
personal ad??) to discuss best practice etc.  There are a huge number of
meetings like this in the major cities in the UK (esp. London), however
out here "in the sticks" there is very little!

I was wondering if anyone that is interested would consider meeting on
an infrequent basis (perhaps once a quarter?) in a reasonably central
location between Hereford, Worcester, Gloucester, Malvern and South
Wales (I'm thinking that either Ross-on-Wye or Tewkesbury might be
suitable at the moment) to discuss how to install and run large-scale
Linux Systems.

The meetings wouldn't be exclusive to SysAd's and our ilk, if people who
only really use Linux at home wanted to come along and learn a bit more,
I'd like to make them feel more than welcome.

Let me know your thoughts, either on or off-list.

Kind regards,

Matt
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace